Many writers have a difficult time to start writing. Some writers feel undisciplined to start writing when they plan to write while others simply cannot stay put and get distracted easily.
The important thing to remember for writers is that you can't be successful or productive unless you write consistently. Therefore, writers have to learn how to unhinge their creativity and discipline so that they can write during their scheduled time.
Here are a few tips to do so.
1. Do some freewriting to get yourself in the writing mood. This can loosen your arm and your mind as well as your inner creativity.
2. Research a topic that you need to write about. This kind of strategic reading can get your mind in gear to write.
3. Just read for ten to fifteen minutes. Many times this will get you into a creative mood.
4. Imitate what you admire. If you admire a writer who is successful, try to do what she does in order to be most successful.
5. Meditate for five to ten minutes before writing. This can help to focus your mind and help your creative juices soar.
6. Keep an inspiration file of art, poems and quotes. Then find one that resonates with you and try and make it a part of your writing day, especially as you are starting to write.
7. Build in some wasted time. After writing for half an hour or an hour, plan to have a coffee break where you can make those phone calls that you were planning to make. Just don't write during your writing session. Write them down for later.
8. Empty your mind. Take steps to just clear as many thoughts as possible so that you can focus on your writing and not be distracted by other things.
9. Keep all phones, including cell phones and internet shut down while you write. If something beeps or rings during your writing session you are likely to be disturbed and you may have the tendency to answer the phone, especially if it is your daughter or husband.
10. Have fun writing. Decide before you sit down to write that you are going to have a good time. Then when the time comes to write, just sit down peacefully and blissfully and start writing. You will have more fun writing if you do that.
By taking these steps, you will have more of a tendency to start writing and continue until you are finished your writing session. This process will help you to be successful and content as a writer.
Irene S. Roth writes for teens, tweens, and kids about self-empowerment. She is the author of over thirty-five books and over five hundred online articles. She also has four hundred and sixty published book reviews both online and in print. For more writing tips, please visit her website at https://irenesroth.wordpress.com/. In addition, she just published book about the joyous writer. Please double click on this link. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/619831
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Irene_Roth/518661
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9494482